- When is the event?
Wings Over Waukesha will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, August 24th, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 25th.
- Where is the event?
Waukesha County Airport in Waukesha, Wisconsin – approximately 15 miles due west of Milwaukee off Interstate I-94.Directions from I-94:
Take the WI-164 N/CR-J South, EXIT 294, toward WAUKESHA/PEWAUKEE.
Then turn right (West) on Northview Road.
General Parking in Waukesha Expo lot. Follow the signs.
- How much does the event cost? -Buy Tickets
- Admission to the event is $10.00 at the door per adult, youth 7 – 17 are $5.00, kids 6 and under are free.
- Early Bird discounted online sales closed midnight Thursday July 4th.
- Reduced rate online tickets will be available from July 5th through midnight August 18th.
- Family Package includes two adult and three child tickets for $30.00.
- For group rates send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring 2 non-perishable food items between 10:00am – 11:00am and receive $2 discount on admission. Food items will be donated to Waukehsa Food Pantry.
- Advanced online tickets will be available until midnight Thursday, August 22nd. Bring your Paypal receipt (with legible transaction number) to the airshow to redeem your passes. A few days before the show expect a “Fast Pass” by email that will help us find your transaction number, bring this along with your Paypal receipt.
- Parking $5.00 per car. (please bring a $5.00 bill)
- Admission includes all displays, attractions, aircraft, and the daily air shows.
- There will be refreshments and merchandise available for sale by various vendors.
- Aircraft rides are available Saturday for $40.00. Tentative.
- B-17 Rides.
- Ford Tri-motor rides $75.00.
- Helicopter rides provided by Fly High Wisconsin at $35 each for a 6-8 mile ride.
- What will we see?
Wings over Waukesha is a family-friendly aviation expo and air show dedicated to promoting aviation and honoring aviation history. Many aircraft owners have committed to display their fabulous Warbirds and contemporary aircraft, including:
- North American T-28 “Trojan”
- North American T6 “Texan”
- Fairchild PT26 “Cornell”
- North American p-51 “Mustang”
- Lockheed T-33 “Shooting Star”
- Nanchang CJ-6A
- Flight School displays and the Cessna 172 Glass Cockpit
- Military Vehicles and Reenactors
- Antique Car and Trucks
- Vintage and Antique Aircraft
- What time is the air show?
The air show will be ongoing throughout both days so there is always something to see in the air and on display on the airport grounds. The schedule both days can be seen under the Airshow tab.
- Is the event family friendly?
Absolutely. Children will enjoy seeing many aircraft and military vehicles, getting autographs from pilots, talking to flight crews and learning about aviation and our national history. It will be a fun event for the entire family!
- Is there access for visitors in wheelchairs or who would like to limit walking?
Yes. There is accessible parking for those that need it. Just ask at the gate. Most of the displays, aircraft, and activities are outdoors on an asphalt ramp. The site is wheelchair accessible.
- Who benefits from this event?
Wings over Waukesha is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting aviation and honoring aviation history. The organization hosts the popular annual Wings over Waukesha aviation exposition and air show at Waukesha County Airport that features a variety of contemporary and vintage aircraft from both civilian and military aviation. The family-friendly event provides an opportunity to learn about flying, aircraft and the important role of military aviation, while meeting local pilots and getting a close-up view of their aircraft, many of which have been painstakingly restored to their original condition from the mid-1900s. Proceeds are reinvested in the annual event, which also benefits numerous local non-profit organizations that participate and sell food and merchandise to raise funds for aviation education scholarships, vintage aircraft restoration and other military and aviation related efforts.
We believe that everyone who comes to the event also benefits by learning more about military aviation history and seeing some of the beautiful aircraft that have served our country in military roles. In addition, the event will feature many aircraft that serve the Waukesha, Milwaukee and surrounding areas, such as Flight for Life Helicopters, corporate jets, and flight school training aircraft.
We welcome all residents and families to enjoy the weekend with us and to salute our veteran’s who have contributed so selflessly to our national security.